Sunday, May 29, 2011

Not so Disappointed

Before I left Canada, I planned out where I would be going and booked hostels up until Carcassonne. That left 5 days of 'freedom' to go wherever I wanted. Really, I just couldn't decide where to go. I still couldn't make up my mind until Carcassonne, where I finally decided to go on to Toulouse, a town about an hour away from Carcassonne. I neglected to book a bed in the only hostel in town since there were 12 beds available and I didn't think it was necessary. That ended up screwing me over, and the night before I left Carcassonne I found out that every last bed had been booked. There was no room available in Toulouse. Frustrating. I ended up just going to Paris for convenience. Trains take a long time to get around the country, but once you're connecting in Paris, everything is close (Thanks 300km/h TGV trains).

This pretty much sums up my trip: disappointment means going to Paris. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment